It is very important to improve the performance and speed of your website. As statistics say that, a user loses interest in your website if it does not load within 3 seconds. But don’t worry, we have got the list of improvements which you can perform on your website and improve its performance and speed.
What is website performance and speed test?
Web performance refers to the speed in which web pages are downloaded and displayed on the user’s web browser. Web performance optimization (WPO), or website optimization is the field of knowledge about increasing web performance. There are numbers of tools which would give the result of your web performance and speed test online. Some of the best online tools or sites of performance testing :
- Google PageSpeed Insights – https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
- GTmetrix – https://gtmetrix.com/
- Pingdom – https://tools.pingdom.com/
Steps for optimizing website performance –
- Enable compression:
- Leverage browser caching:
- Avoid landing page redirects:
- Optimize images:
- Prioritize you visible content: